Today we welcome The Book of Mormon ensemblist John Pinto Jr. to the Great White Way and learn about his journey to Broadway!
1. What is your name and hometown?
My name is John Pinto Jr. and I’m from Milford, PA.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
I play Elder Davis in The Book of Mormon.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I wish had an interesting story for this but I was just at the gym. Haha.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
The most surprising thing about preparing for this show would be getting used to the size of the backstage area. Prior to this, I had been touring the country with the show for many years and the touring houses, for the most part, have so much space. The Eugene O’Neill Theatre is... intimate!
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
The thing I’m looking forward to most about my Broadway experience is finally being in one place. Ever since I started working professionally every job I had was either at a regional theater or a tour so I was constantly away from my family, my friends, my apt, and my favorite place - New York City. I never felt settled. So now, getting to wake up in my own bed, in my own apt, and go to work on Broadway is the most rewarding thing I’ve ever gotten to do in my career!