This week, we welcome The Lion King’s Joe Rivera to the Main Stem and learn about his journey toward making his Broadway debut.
1. What is your name and hometown?
Joe Rivera. Born and raised in Puerto Rico.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
Zebra Male Dancer in The Lion King.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I received the news in an email from the show’s casting director.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
I had three days to prepare before hitting the stage. Being focus and keeping a good attitude was key for me to feel I could get it done. The Lion King has been a challenging yet rewarding gift in my life and I'm surprised to have been given this opportunity.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
I'm looking forward to that first look into the audience when the curtain opens. I moved to New York City three months ago hoping to get a show on Broadway. Now that I'm here I want to feel the love from the audience on the Broadway stage.