This week, we welcome Aladdin ensemblist Charles South to the Main Stem and learn about his journey to making his Broadway debut.
1. What is your name and hometown?
Charles South from Hollywood, Florida.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
I play the Shop Owner and dance my butt of in the ensemble of Aladdin every night. I also understudy Babkak and Razoul.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I was on my way to grab hand pulled noodle and my agent called me while I was walking to the 2 train. Eddie Rabon, my agent told me to “Keep the Beard!”
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
The most surprising thing was that I physically prepared for the show using specific training programs based in basketball and crossfit, which gave me plenty of stamina for the show.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
Looking forward to finding a routine and contributing to a thriving broadway vessel!