This week, we welcome Pretty Woman ensemblist Sam Seferian to the Main Stem and learn about his journey to making his Broadway debut.
1. What is your name and hometown?
Sam Seferian from Boston MA.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
Giulio/Ensemble in Pretty Woman: The Musical.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I was out to dinner with friends and got an email saying it was looking like I booked the role, and I immediately burst into tears. I got a lot of confused looks from different tables, but it was one of the best moments of my life.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
How much there is to learn! This track is on stage for the majority of the show, and when I’m not on stage I’m usually running backstage to do a quick change into a new costume. It has been a true test to not only learn everything, but to make sure I would be performance ready with two and a half weeks of rehearsal.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
Truly just being on stage with the cast every night. It is such an amazing group of people, on and off stage, and I feel lucky to get to join in on the fun. I love being in an ensemble and feeling like you’re part of a team. That comradery makes the experience even sweeter.