Today on our blog, we welcome The Lion King ensemblist Hanifa Jackson-Adderly to Broadway and learn about her journey to the Great White Way:
1. What's your name and hometown?
Hi. My name is Hanifa Jackson-Adderly. I'm from Philadelphia, PA.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
After performing with three national tours of The Lion King, a temporary position opened.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
They asked me to join the Broadway company in a zebra/female lioness track.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
The most surprising thing about preparation for performing is The Lion King on a Broadway stage... it is so large and complex. Pride Rock comes out from underneath and they have an elevator that brings the grasslands up from below.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
The magic of the stage alone is unreal. I’m looking most forward to walking up to the stage door and thinking, "One of my biggest dreams are coming true. It is time!"