Today on our blog, we welcome Aladdin's newest ensemblist, Benji Rivera, to Broadway and learn about his journey to the Great White Way:
1. What's your name and hometown?
Benji Rivera from Muscatine, Iowa
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
Dancing in the ensemble
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
My agents (Clear Talent Group) called me to tell me I wouldn’t be able to do this regional gig I booked in March, they made it seem like bad news. Then they dropped the bomb on me that I booked my first Broadway show! They were on speaker phone by this point so the entire office could hear my reaction.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
It’s been a whirlwind of emotions. It’s hard to put into words how excited I am to be a part of this gorgeous show and amazing family of performers. I think the most surprising thing has been how quickly it would all happen! I’ve waited so many years to be on Broadway and now it’s all flying by so quickly!
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
I am most excited to be home in NYC permanently! To perform on the same stage every night and come home and sleep in my own bed, not a hotel. I’ve spent most of the last two years touring with Anything Goes, Elf, Dirty Dancing, and The Bodyguard. I’m so happy to call NYC home for the long run!