Today on our blog, we welcome King Kong’s newest ensemblist, James Retter Duncan, to Broadway and learn about his journey to the Rialto.
1. What's your name and hometown?
James Retter Duncan from Toronto, Canada.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
I am a swing voodoo operator for King Kong.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I flew in to audition, was called back the next day to get on the control rigs and experiment with Kong's voice, and two hours later I got the call we all dream of: "congratulations, James. You got it!"
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
Between the voodoo operators in the booth and the Kings company manipulating his limbs onstage takes an incredible amount of concentration and teamwork. I never really imagined I'd have a chance to perform alongside the caliber of talent I witness in each performance.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
The chance to give audiences an experience of a lifetime, and knowing each night that its the entire ensemble of this cast and crew giving their all to tell the story. ROAR!