Today on our blog, we welcome A Bronx Tale's newest ensemblist, Joseph Sammour, to Broadway and learn about his journey to the Great White Way:
1. What's your name and hometown?
Joseph Sammour/Ypsilanti, Michigan.
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
Crazy Mario, Doowop, and Ensemble in A Bronx Tale.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
My agent called me on Monday, December 11th at 10:10 AM. I was in my PJs. It was a good morning.
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
How fast the process was. I had six days of rehearsal, and on the seventh day the stage manager called me in the morning and said "you're going on tonight, how soon can you get to the theater for a costume fitting?" I was surprised at how prepared I felt. While I was nervous, and the entire first act was a blur, I didn't make a complete fool out of myself.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
What I'm looking forward to most is having fun on stage with an incredible group of people. This cast is wonderful, and they've all been so supportive. Being in a show is fun. I like fun. I'm looking forward to having more of it.