Today on our blog, we welcome Beautiful: the Carole King Musical ensemblist Michael Stiggers to Broadway and learn about his journey to the Great White Way:
1. What's your name and hometown?
Michael Stiggers; West Point, Georgia
2. What is your role/track in your Broadway debut?
I am playing one of The Drifters.
3. How did you find out you had booked the part?
I auditioned on a Friday and got the call from my agent early Monday morning with the good news!
4. What's been the most surprising thing about preparing to perform the show?
It was a quick and tedious rehearsal process, but I felt so supported by everyone that I met from the company management to the actors.
5. What are you looking forward to most about your experience on Broadway?
I'm just looking forward to growing more as a performer. If anything, I want to use this platform to inspire others to put the work into their dreams. It's bigger than me.
Listen to our podcast episode on Broadway Debuts here.